Hemswell Cliff Parish Council
Website Accessibility Statement
This website is run by Hemswell Cliff Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts (Using High Contrast for Chrome or NoSquint for Firefox)
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover).
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible is this website?
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Most older PDF and word documents (pre-September 20-18) are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
- Some of our pages are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please email the Clerk. We will consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Please note the Clerk only works part time for the Council (6 hours per week)
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, contract the clerk on …. Giving the page title and the nature of the problem.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (Number 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we response to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
At this present time, we have not identified any specific issues that would be of disproportionate burden.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
- Maps – information may be available in address format.
- Third party content under someone else’s control.
Accessibility of the website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used and we cannot guarantee that the site will work fully on older versions of assistive technology.
How we tested this website
We are about to carry out manual and automatic tests of the Parish Council’s website. The tests will be carried out by the Chairman and Clerk of the Parish Council.
Clerk, Helen Reek